Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry program equips lay people — called Stephen Ministers — to provide high-quality, confidential, one-on-one Christian care to individuals in our community who are experiencing difficulty in their lives. Gifted lay people are professionally trained and work in partnership with the church’s pastoral staff.
A Stephen Minister is…
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting.
- A congregation member, with the spiritual gift for care giving, who was carefully selected to serve this role.
- A lay person who has received at least 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care.
- A caring Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages someone for as long as there is a need.
Stephen Ministry helps meet the needs of individuals who are:
- in a job crisis
- new members of the church
- in a spiritual crisis
- looking for a caring, Christian friend
- in transition
- in new surroundings or life situation
Everyone goes through difficult times. Having someone to care, to listen and to share God’s love with you can help you get through the confusions, stress, or loneliness you may be experiencing. To talk with a Stephen Minister, email [email protected].
Stephen Ministry Is Your Ministry
You play an important role in our Stephen Ministry. Here’s what you can do:
- Pray for God to bring hope and healing to hurting people through our Stephen Ministry.
- Accept care from a Stephen Minister during your time of need. God doesn’t expect you to bear your burdens alone.
- Tell a friend, neighbor, coworker, or relative who is hurting about Stephen Ministry.
- If you are a good listener and a compassionate person, prayerfully consider becoming a Stephen Minister.
Interested in Becoming a Stephen Minister?
Stephen Ministry offers a wonderful way to care by empathetic listening and walking with people. If you have an interest in caring for others as a Stephen Minister—to be the hands and feet of Christ here on earth—you are invited to consider becoming a Stephen Minister. To inquire about the next training dates to become a Stephen Minister, contact [email protected].
Stephen Ministries is a nonprofit Christian educational organization based in St. Louis, Missouri. Founded in 1975, Stephen Ministries provides training and resources to thousands of congregations and organizations worldwide.