Worship Service Streaming on December 27, 2020
No In-Person Worship
Worship with us online from home Sunday, December 27, with music, prayer, and a Christmas message from Bishop Michael McKee. The worship service will air on the church website and Facebook at 8:30 and 11 a.m. There will be no in-person worship on Sunday. If you cannot worship at these times, watch the service any time that is convenient.
- Website | From the church website, select Livestream under the Worship tab.
- Facebook | A Facebook account is not needed to watch. Please like and comment to let us know you’re watching! Have a watch party, and share or tag our posts to build awareness of our church with others.
Exciting news! There are two new ways to worship with us.
- Indoors in the sanctuary at 8:30 and 11 a.m. by reservation
- Online via our new livestream
The livestream allows you to watch the worship service live through the church website or on Facebook. We will no longer use a prerecorded worship playlist on YouTube.
Watch Pastor Clay’s video to learn more about in-person worship. There are more details below about what to expect during indoor worship, the worship service registration link, and the livestream options.
Worship Service Times*
8:30 a.m. | Traditional Worship | Sanctuary or Livestream
11 a.m. | Contemporary Worship | Sanctuary or Livestream
In-Person Worship Sundays | Reservation Required
A reservation must be made each week for sanctuary seating. Use the link below. It also will be included in “The Vista” newsletter. Registration is available each week until seating is full. There are 40 seats available for each worship service to maintain social distancing.
* If in-person worship services have to be cancelled at any point, the congregation will be contacted by email and text message.
Use this button to register for either the 8:30 or 11 a.m. in-person worship service. The same link will be used each week for worship registration.
**New** Livestream of Worship Services
The livestream can be watched on our website or our Facebook page concurrently with the worship services. Afterward, the recordings can be watched at any time. The livestream will take the place of the YouTube worship playlists, although we will continue to keep our YouTube channel active.
Website | The livestream can be found under the Worship tab.
Facebook | You do not need a Facebook account to watch.
If you watch by Facebook, please like and comment to let us know you’re watching! And share or tag our posts to build awareness of our church with others.
Indoor Worship Details
We will gather for in-person worship in the safest way possible. If you feel uncomfortable worshiping in person, please join us from home by watching our livestream at the same time as the worship services from our website or our Facebook page. Afterward, the worship service recording will be available both places so you can worship with us at anytime.
Please do not reserve a seat for a worship service unless you know for sure you can attend. If your circumstances change and you can no longer attend, we ask that you cancel your reservation so that it can be available for someone else.
Complete your request for seats by Saturday at 9 p.m. for Sunday. Please arrive at church about 10-15 minutes before worship begins to allow time for seating.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, tested positive for COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone with symptoms or a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, we ask that you watch the livestream of the worship service from home.
- There is limited seating for indoor worship, and face masks and social distancing are required to ensure the safety of our congregation.
- Register each person in your family who will be attending indoor worship, including infants and children. All family members will worship together, as there is no nursery or children’s church available at this time.
- Refer to the What to Expect guide for worship details. By registering for the worship service, you acknowledge and agree to abide by all the guidelines.
- Registration is available each week until seating is full. There are 40 seats available for each worship service to maintain social distancing.
- Printing of your worship service ticket(s) is not necessary.
Why can’t we sing or hum with a face mask indoors?
A number of studies and the CDC show that singing produces aerosols that project much further than the six-foot of distance between us. Similarly, the length of exposure also adds to the risk of catching COVID-19. Producing a large number of aerosols, followed by sitting in the same room for a length of time, poses a greater risk. While masks do help reduce aerosols, not all face coverings are created equal and research is showing that the thinnest of them are not effective at reducing aerosols. Our ushers and greeters are not equipped to monitor the types of face coverings people wear. It’s for these reasons that Bishop Mike McKee has told congregations to postpone congregational singing until further notice.
Advent Worship |
Be sure to take some time during this busy Advent season to stay informed about what’s happening at Vista Ridge UMC. Updates are sent each week in “The Vista” and posted on Facebook. Or visit our website, vistaridgeumc.org.
Like, share, and invite someone to worship with us!
Please email [email protected] if technical assistance is needed to register for in-person worship or to watch the livestream.
Please register your attendance and let us know that you joined us for worship either in person or online.